Saturday, 14 July 2012

The Cute Owl Bag


So, this is just a quick post a) to remind you all that I AM still alive and kicking, even if my blogging voice has been a bit lacking of late and b) So that I could Brag tell you about the cute little owl bag that I hooked up on thursday evening :)

I made this for my mum to gift to a friend whos leaving work on monday to have a baby, obviously the bag's not for the baby, or the mum, but she has a little girl already whos about 3 so mum thought it would be nice for her to have a gift as well as the new baby! I'm making the baby some cute little slippers but I haven't started them yet so I thought I'd just show you this instead.

This awesome bag pattern was a free pattern from mama G's crafty blog, which was super kind of her to share it with the world, so if you do make anything be sure to share the love and link back to her lovely blog! The pattern was easy peasy to follow, I made mine in some leftover dk (stylecraft special dk left over from the famous 'lucy pack') although I think it might be better if you could work it in cotton so it keeps it shape a bit more, and I managed to hook it all up on the thursday night while the hubby was out playing cricket - ahhhh for hookey time! and sewed it all together on the friday morning.

Quick, Simple, and verrry cute hookey, that's what its all about!

*please excuse the bin and my toaster lurking in the background to the photo, it was taken hastily so I could show my mum*

I have been hard at work creating my new etsy shop and knitting baby clothes, more posts to follow
ttfn friends,
Danielle xxxxxx

No comments: