Thursday, 21 June 2012

 This week I've had the urge to make lots (and lots) of jewellery and pretty things for my etsy shop.  Maybe its because progress on the wendy blanket is going quite slow, but I simply felt an urgent need for pretty craft activity.  So here we are, the above picture is my favourite bracelet, Aqua and mint green glass pearls and crystal beads with a sparkly white rhinestone rondelle in the centre.  The pictures just dont do it justice.......well regular readers of my blog will know that I'm seriously lacking in any photography skills.....and the dull grey relentless no summery bad light doesn't help either, but it truely sparkles and glints in the sunlight.  I think I may make quite a few more of these :)

The bracelet making activity was spurred on by the fact that I had ordered new beads (yay) there's always something so pleasurable in receiving packages from the postie, especially when you know they contain packets of glittering beads :) The pearls I already had in my stash, but I confess, I did order more.....and the crystal beads were a new purchase.

This next one is pretty and pinky and girly, I get a really buzz out of doing the real girly jewellery bits because I'm surrounded by boys in my house and they are both really boyish boys.......guns, footballs, playfighting, dinosaurs and robots are the order of the day!


Followed by some sweet hearts ::


 And sunshiney leaves....because we have been seriuosly lacking in sunshine of late::


But I think when it comes down to it, I think my recent creativity has been spurred on by (and I'm embarrassed to admit it) a surge of jealousy that I've experienced from some of my friends and family.  A close friend of mine decided that she would start making bracelets of her own, and I guess I'm jealous because she seems to be selling quite alot of them! And again for the same reason a relative deecided to start knitting baby items.....and has also been very successful in terms of sales, it's really made me reasses my creative abilities.  I'm a bit at a loss as to why they have had a bigger succuess in a short space of time.
But that is selfish of me..........of course I should wish them both success............I'm just finding it really really hard! lol
I wonder if any of you out there feel the same?
Danielle xx

No comments: