Thursday, 12 August 2010

Confessions

So, I have something to confess.........recently I seem to have developed an addictive type of personality and I have three MAJOR addictions right now, I'm talking about the kind where if I go without them for just the smallest amount of time I start to get a teensy bit antsy......then a bit more.....then before I know it I'm on the edge of having a major stress out that not even a cup of tea and something sugary can cure!

What's all the fuss about I hear you ask? Well, addiction 1 :: Crochet
Although this isn't really a new addiction for me, I seem to have gone utterly crackers over all things crochety.....I think it partly stems from my resignation that no matter how hard I try I just can't sew to save my life, I mean the intent is there, I love to do it but the sewing machine is definately NOT my friend........I can't seem to sew in a straight line, I get my tension all wrong which usually ends up with the thread getting all bunched up and tangled at the back of my work and then before I know it I'm having to cut myself out of a mass of tangled up cotton! Handsewing is a little different, handsewing is acceptable and I can even flatter myself and boast that I can pull off a few fancy stitches here and there, but lets face it the straight line thing is once again an issue for me........hmmm maybe I should try some form of abstract sewing or crazy quilting? So, I decided to stick to something I'm already good at and get even better at it, I think it helps that there are lots of lovely blogs like Lucy over at attic 24 with lots of hints and tips and crochet eye candy to keep you going!

addiction 2 :: flickr
This goes hand in hand with the renewed interest in crochet and the blog thing.........I really cant help myself from drooling over other people's pictures of their crochet and craft work over on flickr, it's very inspiring I get lots of ideas on colour combinations etc. I'm not sure that this is very healthy for me though and my poor house is feeling very neglected! I keep trying to convince myself that it really is ok and that the housework doesn't really matter that much! (ahem!) but I cant help myself from looking at least once if not several times of day.......I'm like a moth drawn to a bright light!

addiction 3 :: Twilight
Now this is where it all goes a little crazy.......I'm not even sure its rational for a 27 year old to be a bit in love with a fictional character but Edward Cullen seems to be working his way into my affections in a big way.........I don't know maybe it's because he's a vampire and he has some kind of hypnotic powers but I'm thoroughly in love with the twilight saga. I mean listen at me, I'm talking about him like he's actually real!! I must admit he's starting to give Mr Darcy a run for his money and that's something that I thought would never happen in a million years. Then there's Jacob Black, and how are you supposed to make that choice? it's an impossibility!

So, if your wondering where I am for prolonged periods of time when I seem to have lost my blogging voice, I can now almost guarentee that I will be indulging in one of those three vices..........Please feel free to slap me hard if I start to refer to myself as Mrs Cullen/Bella or if I can't make it to that 'thing' because I only have like 2 more rows to crochet and then its finished!
















No comments: