Friday, 16 July 2010

Ring-a-ring 'o roses!

Finally got round to updating my etsy shop! It's definately been a while but I'm trying my hand at something new, jewellery making! It's very different from crochet, I mean it's not the sort of thing you can whip out on the sofa whilst watching this weeks episodes of Eastenders but on the other hand you get to wear something nice in the aid of a bit of 'self promotion'.


This has to be my favourite piece so far:



I love the way it's all pink and shimmery! It definately appeals to my romantic inner fairy-princess, and I will confess that I did make one for myself too.....is that bad?!

Little man had his last day at nursery today, I had planned to make something nice and handmadey to give to his teachers but settled for a delicious looking box of chocolates instead! I helped the littleman to write his own name in the card too something which we both ended up being extremely proud of, I can really see how much he has grown up since I had little G!! He also has his school leavers party on Monday, which I know I'm probably going to shed a little tear at.......big school in September I can hardly believe it. Anyway, it just so happens that Big blankie is well under construction now all the squares have been completed......the majority of the ends sewn in, this is the one thing that I dont like doing so much, you dont realise how many of the little suckers there are until you start to plough through it! Just the sewing and the edging to get through now and then we're done! Let us hope we haven't already seen the best of the weather this summer so we can enjoy lots of lovely picnic lunches together.......there's alot to be said for a spot of alfresco dinening and we are lucky enough to be able to enjoy both coast and country here.

Happy weekend xx

No comments: