Monday, 27 July 2009

I do.............

These last few months I have watched many old friends and family members preparing for their 'Big Day', you know, the one where you get to swoon about in a princessy dress and be photographed like your the undiscovered member of girls aloud! So, I set about idley looking at weddings with a crafty twist and had to share this with you:



Found on the martha stewart weddings website, I think this is an amazing idea for your wedding bouquet. I mean, I'd much rather be holding a bunch of flittery butterflies than a bunch of flowers. The idea is quite simple, butterflies (in this case silk) fixed on to wire to make the all flutter about in the breeze. AAAAhhhhhh, I can see it now. But the real reason I wanted to show you guys this picture is because I thought not only do they make a stunning alternative wedding bouquet, but they would look a dream set in a vase instead of a more traditional bunch of flowers. Now, I'm determined to make some and see for myself..........Soon my whole house will be filled with rooms of delightful butterfly goodness, with maybe a few flowers thrown in for good measure!

I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to show you soon!

xx

No comments: