Monday, 20 October 2008

Black and Gold



As it's coming up to my mother's birthday at the end of the month I thought I would take the opportunity to show you her birthday card that I have been working on. It's made with Laura Ashley papers for the background and the two bird images are from crafty individuals (I've had them a while and have been waiting for the right opportunity to break them out) My mum's a huge fan of the 'rusty' colours (something which has become a bit of a joke between us). I'm quite pleased with the result as it's been something of a trial in the making, I lost my eyelet setter and after searching round the house frantically and snapping everyone's head off I finally admitted defeat and treated myself to a nice new one instead :)






I dabbled with some new products as you can see from this close up of the stamp image......I used Perfect pearls patina set to dust over the image, then I tried to give it a more aged look by using some crakle glaze.......I don't really think it looks particularly 'aged' but I like the effect!




No comments: