Sunday, 24 August 2008

Ella enchanted

I'd like to introduce you to a special friend of mine:





She is called ella and she is a special fairy bear! she even has her very own set of hard earned fairy wings (which you can only get from the fairy academy you know!) she's one of a range of fairy bears I will be adding to my etsy shop over the coming weeks but as she's my first I thought she deserved the spotlight on my blog too!



Her wings have been made using the 'french' knitting technique, something I've found I can do while the ginger bread boy is around without him or my craft stuff coming to any harm, little fingers just don't seem to be able to resist your sharpest scissors! I'm sort of at the stage where crafting has become relagated to weekends and very late night times which I dont really like to do because I worry that it affects the quality of my work.

However to keep the ginger bread boy happy we made postman pat biscuits on Friday afternoon. I was quite impressed with him on the whole, not an enormous amount of mess and he enjoyed stirring the mixture round. It's kind of difficult to involve children in doing something crafty when they are quite young, but I can assure you they tasted very delicious!!! of course we then had to follow this with a bout of postman pat games and dvd :)

No comments: